The First Book Marketplace
Tackling the #1 barrier to book ownership: Price
The First Book Marketplace is an online bookstore offering eligible community programs and schools Newbery and Caldecott award winners and other high-quality children’s books at prices 50 to 90 percent below retail. By making books of this caliber affordable for the first time, First Book forever changes the way programs teach their children, from early childhood through high school.
The First Book Marketplace is available only to programs where at least 70 percent of the children served are from low-income or military families or Title I eligible schools.
How it works:
- Interested Recipient Groups register with First Book.
- Recipient Group leaders visit the First Book Marketplace and select books for their children.
- Payment is accepted via credit card, check or First Book Marketplace Gift Credit.
- Orders arrive within two weeks once payment is received.
The First Book Marketplace offers a range of fantastic resources. Recent examples include:
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar (72 percent off)
- Click Clack Moo, Cows That Type (69 percent off)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid (63 percent off)
- Island of the Blue Dolphins (61 percent off)
Become a Publishing Partner