Since 2007, Pi Beta Phi and First Book have distributed more than 1.5 million new books to children in need.
Throughout the Fraternity’s history, Pi Beta Phi and its members have embraced literacy as their philanthropy, working to remove the barriers of illiteracy.
To learn more about Pi Phi's efforts to end illiteracy and their partnership with First Book, visit www.pibetaphi.org.
Register with First Book
First Book provides new books to children in need addressing one of the most important factors affecting literacy – access to books. Since 1992, First Book has distributed more than 100 million books throughout the United States and Canada.
Pi Beta Phi and First Book work together to provide access to new books to programs serving children from low-income families across the United States and Canada.
Register with First Book and gain access to free and deeply discounted new books and educational materials.
Canadian groups, please click here to register with First Book.
U.S. groups, please click the button below.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible to register with First Book, an organization
- Serve children where at least 70% are from low-income households; or be a Title I or Title I eligible school.
- Not discriminate against individuals based on race, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or physical or mental disability.
Your program may be eligible to receive books through:
- The First Book Marketplace is an online store offering programs serving children from low-income families the ability to purchase award-winning books at greatly reduced prices.
- The First Book National Book Bank distributes brand-new books, donated by publishers, free of charge to programs serving children from low-income families, or for a minimal shipping fee.
- First Book Advisory Board volunteers fundraise in their communities to provide grants of new books to local programs that serve children from low-income families.