First Book in the News
- Getting Kids' Books Where They're Most Needed: Bloomberg Businessweek looks at the First Book business model and its effectiveness at reaching kids in need with new, high-quality books. (March 20, 2014)
- The Ultimate Innovators: Women Everywhere: Writing in The Huffington Post for International Women's Day, First Book CEO Kyle Zimmer discusses the role of women and girls around the world as innovators. (March 5, 2014)
- Getting the Right Books Into Every Young Child's Hands: On the op-ed page of the Dallas Morning News, Kyle Zimmer, First Book's president and CEO, explains why "reading makes you smarter" and identifies the three major challenges First Book is working to overcome. (Feb. 24, 2014)
- KPMG Looks Past Private Sector: Expands To Literacy, Outcomes And Social Justice: Forbes magazine looks at KPMG's philanthropic work, particularly their long-standing partnership with First Book. (Nov. 5, 2013)
- 100,000 Educators Serving Kids in Need Join Forces as Part of Nonprofit Network April 17, 2014.
- First Book Honored for Cross-Sector Collaborations Bringing Millions of Books to Kids in Need March 04, 2014.
- Nonprofit Launches Major Effort to Bring New Books to Latino Kids in Need February 03, 2014.
- Nonprofits in U.S. and Jamaica Join Forces to Bring 10,000+ New Books to Jamaican Kids in Need January 17, 2014.
- First Book Provides Books to Children in Haiti and Peru for the First Time January 15, 2014.