First Book in the News
- 5 Reasons Why Everybody Benefits From More Diverse Children's Books: Roxana Barillas, Director of Hispanic Engagement at First Book, explains in an article on the Huffington Post how children, teachers and businesses all benefit from increased diversity in children's literature. (June 25, 2014)
- First Book CEO Discusses Diversity and the “Stories For All” Project: In an interview with Book Riot, First Book CEO Kyle Zimmer explains how the newest phase of the Stories for All Project will bring new diverse content from unpublished authors to programs serving kids in need. (May 29, 2014)
- Diversity in Children's Books: Moving From Outcry to Real, Market-Driven Solutions: In the Huffington Post, First Book’s CEO and president Kyle Zimmer writes about the long-standing issue of the lack of diversity in children’s books and what First Book is doing to create market-driven change. (May 21, 2014)
- New Initiative Aims To Encourage Diversity In Kids' Publishing: In an interview with NPR, Kyle Zimmer, First Book’s president and CEO, talks about the latest announcement in their Stories for All Project: a new market-driven solution to the need for diversity in children’s literature. (May 18, 2014)
- Stories for All: A Market-Driven Answer to the Need for Diverse Books May 13, 2014.
- John E. Harmon, Sr., National Black Chamber of Commerce Chairman, Joins First Book Board of Directors April 30, 2014.
- 100,000 Educators Serving Kids in Need Join Forces as Part of Nonprofit Network April 17, 2014.
- First Book Honored for Cross-Sector Collaborations Bringing Millions of Books to Kids in Need March 04, 2014.
- Nonprofit Launches Major Effort to Bring New Books to Latino Kids in Need February 03, 2014.