First Book in the News
- Big Book Donation Will Help Kansas City Kids Learn To Read. First Book is giving 300,000 titles donated by publisher Random House to Kansas City schools and literacy programs. (September 24, 2015)
- Penguin and Books A Million Launch Campaign to Donate Books to Children in Need. Books-A-Million, Penguin and author Brad Metzler announce a new partnership to benefit First Book. (September 17, 2015)
- Free Books to Open New Chapter for Kids. An editorial in the Kansas City Star shares the significance of the upcoming, largest-ever book distribution in the Kansas City area. (September 16, 2015)
- 81-year-old Ray Hartenstein Recieves Daily Point of Light Award. Ray Hartenstein spends several days each week reading to children in East Texas using books from First Book. (September 1, 2015)
- First Book Earns Fourth Consecutive Four-Star Rating from Charity Navigator July 20, 2015.
- First Book and the American Federation of Teachers Promote Partnership to Fuel Learning for Children in Need at Biannual TEACH Conference July 13, 2015.
- First Book’s Stories for All Project™ Arms Educators with Diverse, Inclusive Children’s Books to Fuel Learning, Promote Educational Equity May 05, 2015.
- First Book Partners with White House, Libraries and Publishers on Groundbreaking Effort to Bring Thousands of e-Books to Children in Need April 30, 2015.
- Nonprofit Organization Distributes Over 480,000 New Books for Kids in Need in St. Louis and Across the Country April 02, 2015.