First Book in the News
- Adding a Helping of Books to Nutritious Summer Meals. First Book President and CEO Kyle Zimmer explains how summer meals programs can use books to support enrichment activities, highlighting an existing partnership between First Book and the USDA's Summer Food Service Program. (May 20, 2015)
- First Book to Publish 60,000 Copies of Diverse Children’s Titles. School Library Journal details the 2015 Stories for All Project title selections and how First Book is making them available to kids in need and beyond. (May 14, 2015)
- VIDEO - Springfield's Ozarks Literacy Council Receives Books from First Book. The Ozarks Literacy Council (OLC) receives one thousand new books from First Book. The books will be provided to kids in the region through OLC's existing backpack program. (May 12, 2015)
- Report: More Books for Rural Kids, Classrooms, May Decrease Summer Learning Loss. Education Week shares findings of a new report, Read for Success: Combating the Summer Learning Slide in America, which followed rural or low-income students in 16 states for two years to see if summer learning loss could be mitigated. (May 12, 2015)
- First Book’s Stories for All Project™ Arms Educators with Diverse, Inclusive Children’s Books to Fuel Learning, Promote Educational Equity May 05, 2015.
- First Book Partners with White House, Libraries and Publishers on Groundbreaking Effort to Bring Thousands of e-Books to Children in Need April 30, 2015.
- Nonprofit Organization Distributes Over 480,000 New Books for Kids in Need in St. Louis and Across the Country April 02, 2015.
- First Book and Unbound Concepts Team Up to Help Educators in Low-Income Communities Discover Best Books for the Kids They Serve March 16, 2015.
- CBS Ecomedia Selects First Book as Inaugural Partner for New Viewers to Volunteers Digital Experience March 09, 2015.