First Book in the News
- First Book President and CEO Selected by National Book Foundation as 2014 Literarian Medalist. The National Book Foundation selects First Book President, CEO and co-founder, Kyle Zimmer, as the 2014 Literarian Medalist for her outstanding leadership and achievements in overcoming childhood illiteracy and promoting educational equality. (September 3, 2014)
- 5 Reasons Why Everybody Benefits From More Diverse Children's Books: Roxana Barillas, Director of Hispanic Engagement at First Book, explains in an article on the Huffington Post how children, teachers and businesses all benefit from increased diversity in children's literature. (June 25, 2014)
- First Book CEO Discusses Diversity and the “Stories For All” Project: In an interview with Book Riot, First Book CEO Kyle Zimmer explains how the newest phase of the Stories for All Project will bring new diverse content from unpublished authors to programs serving kids in need. (May 29, 2014)
- Diversity in Children's Books: Moving From Outcry to Real, Market-Driven Solutions: In the Huffington Post, First Book’s CEO and president Kyle Zimmer writes about the long-standing issue of the lack of diversity in children’s books and what First Book is doing to create market-driven change. (May 21, 2014)
- First Book Partners with New Not-For-Profit Online Charitable Shopping Venture September 01, 2014.
- First Book Distributes 400,000 New Books for Kids in Need in Richmond, Va. and Across the Country August 22, 2014.
- Stories for All: A Market-Driven Answer to the Need for Diverse Books May 13, 2014.
- John E. Harmon, Sr., National Black Chamber of Commerce Chairman, Joins First Book Board of Directors April 30, 2014.
- 100,000 Educators Serving Kids in Need Join Forces as Part of Nonprofit Network April 17, 2014.