First Book in the News
- Free Books Given to Families and Schools in Need. WNCT Channel 9 reports on a recent book distribution in Greenville, NC conducted in partnership with Delta Sigma Theta sorority. (August 29, 2015)
- Arlington: Joint Effort Distributes 900 Backpacks. Representatives from The Reading Connection, First Book, Boeing and other partner agencies stuff more than 900 backpacks with school supplies and books for local children in need. (August 18, 2015)
- How can we get books to the children who need them most? The World Economic Forum speaks to President and CEO of First Book, Kyle Zimmer, as part of a blog series on Social Entrepreneurs. (August 14, 2015)
- The Unexpected Place Where the White House Wants Your Kids to Read. First Book joins White House officials and nonprofit partners at Eddie's Hair Design in Washington for a read-along with local kids, emphasizing the need for age-appropriate books in community gathering places where kids spend time. (July 29, 2015)
- First Book Earns Fourth Consecutive Four-Star Rating from Charity Navigator July 20, 2015.
- First Book and the American Federation of Teachers Promote Partnership to Fuel Learning for Children in Need at Biannual TEACH Conference July 13, 2015.
- First Book’s Stories for All Project™ Arms Educators with Diverse, Inclusive Children’s Books to Fuel Learning, Promote Educational Equity May 05, 2015.
- First Book Partners with White House, Libraries and Publishers on Groundbreaking Effort to Bring Thousands of e-Books to Children in Need April 30, 2015.
- Nonprofit Organization Distributes Over 480,000 New Books for Kids in Need in St. Louis and Across the Country April 02, 2015.