First Book in the News
- Getting the Right Books Into Every Young Child's Hands: On the op-ed page of the Dallas Morning News, Kyle Zimmer, First Book's president and CEO, explains why "reading makes you smarter" and identifies the three major challenges First Book is working to overcome. (Feb. 24, 2014)
- KPMG Looks Past Private Sector: Expands To Literacy, Outcomes And Social Justice: Forbes magazine looks at KPMG's philanthropic work, particularly their long-standing partnership with First Book. (Nov. 5, 2013)
- Heads of Big Nonprofits Won 3% Raises Last Year: In the Chronicle of Philanthropy's annual compensation survey of major nonprofits, First Book CEO Kyle Zimmer stands out for her refusal to take a pay increase.(Sept. 22, 2013)
- First Book's "Stories For All Project" Lobbies for Kid Lit Diversity: First Book is poised to influence the publishing industry like never before, according to the School Library Journal.(Sept. 10, 2013)
- First Book Honored for Cross-Sector Collaborations Bringing Millions of Books to Kids in Need March 04, 2014.
- Nonprofit Launches Major Effort to Bring New Books to Latino Kids in Need February 03, 2014.
- Nonprofits in U.S. and Jamaica Join Forces to Bring 10,000+ New Books to Jamaican Kids in Need January 17, 2014.
- First Book Provides Books to Children in Haiti and Peru for the First Time January 15, 2014.
- Chronicle Books’ #GiveBooks Campaign Donates 10,000 Books to Kids in Need Through First Book December 18, 2013.