First Book in the News
- Nonprofit First Book Steals a Page From the Business World: How First Book keeps growing to serve more kids in need while staying financially healthy, from the Washington Post. (April 15, 2013)
- Stories for All: A Great Idea: Kirkus Reviews looks at First Book's "colossal commitment" (along with publishers HarperCollins and Lee & Low) to increasing diversity in children's publishing with The Stories for All Project. (March 22, 2013)
- First Book Gives Two Awards to Promote Multicultural Children's Books in 'The Stories for All Project': In an exclusive, The New York Times announces the results of 'The Stories for All Project' , First Book's pioneering new initiative to create more diversity in children's publishing. (March 11, 2013)
- 'Green Eggs and Ham' Selected as First Book's 100 Millionth Giveaway: The results are in! First Book handed out a copy of 'Green Eggs & Ham' as its 100 millionth book to kids in need, and Publishers Weekly takes a look at the event, the contest and First Book's long-standing partnership with Random House. (Dec. 11, 2012)
- Global Lifestyle Brand AERIN Partners With Nonprofit Social Enterprise First Book May 15, 2013.
- First Book to Receive Change Making Change Donations in May May 08, 2013.
- One Million New Books Now Available to Schools and Programs Affected by Hurricane Sandy, Thanks to First Book and Random House April 15, 2013.
- First Book Announces Pioneering New Initiative to Create More Diversity in Children’s Publishing March 13, 2013.
- Mo Willems and First Book Bring ‘Elephant & Piggie’ Books to Kids in Need March 01, 2013.