About the position:
Do you have a private sector head and a public sector heart? First Book is looking for a creative, entrepreneurial, IT professional with a passion for finding new ways to leverage technology in the social sector. The primary responsibilities of the Vice President of Information Technology at First Book is to manage, coordinate, and maintain all aspects of First Book's IT infrastructure, as well as spearhead the development of innovative IT solutions for the organization's cause-based marketing initiatives and First Book Marketplace storefront. This includes driving full life-cycle projects, from conceptualization to implementation, application and infrastructure maintenance, and managing the IT department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage technical staff in application management (cloud applications like SalesForce, Convio, Magento, and Joomla), PHP/MySQL database development, network management, and internal technical support.
- Design, implement, and support the First Book application (PHP/MySQL) and its integration with other applications to ensure efficient operation.
- Ensure the data quality and standardization of information in the First Book application and cloud applications.
- Project manager for implementation of upgrades, integrations and new systems with extensive involvement in requirements gathering and design.
- Perform performance analysis, tuning, and technical troubleshooting of complex problems in support of First Book operations.
- Manage vendor relationships such as SalesForce, Magento, telephony providers and outsourced development teams.
- Provide technical leadership for integrating technology with business partners such as warehouses and other organizations serving our constituency of schools and nonprofit organizations.
- Work with other department leaders to determine scope and priorities of IT projects
- Research trends in digital publishing and advise leadership as First Book evolves to meet the needs of children as books migrate to new digital formats.
- Prepare strategic plans and projected budgets for IT systems operations
- Create structured, documented programs and information systems
- 10+ years of web-based application development, application management and project management experience.
- Familiarity with MySQL database design and hands on experience with MySQL query tools and programming.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent.
- Supervisory experience with hands-on capability in web-based application and infrastructure management.
- Experience with ecommerce sites and nonprofit donation systems is desired.