About the position:
First Book currently seeks a Director to join its Strategic Alliances team. The Director will help create, implement and expand cause-based marketing campaigns for First Book, a leader in both philanthropy and public-private sector partnerships, focused on children’s literacy. Corporate partners include General Mills, KPMG, Barclays and Target.
The Director will play a principal role in partner strategy and implementation, relationship building, project management, brand marketing and budgeting in addition to developing new business leads in a dynamic, fast-paced organization led by an internationally recognized social entrepreneur. The Director should possess expertise in cause-based marketing and public-private sector partnerships that help partners reach their marketing goals while furthering the social good. Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong track record in account management, business writing and presentation, creative thinking and a passion for corporate social responsibility.
Director will work with the Strategic Alliances Team and report directly to the Vice President of Strategic Alliances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead account and relationship management
- Create and implement cause marketing and CSR initiatives
- Identify and secure new partnerships
- Develop dynamic funding proposals
- Responsible for annual financial goals
- Liaise with cross-functional First Book teams
- Lead and contribute to ideation sessions
- Manage team members on assigned key accounts
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidates should possess a minimum of six (6) to nine (9) years work experience and a strong interest in public-private sector partnerships.
- A track record of leadership, innovation and creativity in the private sector is highly desirable.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Be self-motivated;
- Possess strong organization and time management skills;
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to think creatively;
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills;
- Be passionate about making a tangible, measurable difference.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS; Concentration in business, marketing and/or communications preferred
- MBA desirable.